Thursday, April 28, 2005

going under...

I had the opportunity to baptize a friend at church last night. Just a few others were there with us at the church building. Unfortunately, David was pretty tall, the water level was pretty low, and my waders were pretty loose. So, as David was dying to self, I was filling up my rubber pants with water. The water level was much lower when I left. But I did get to wear a nice, white baptismal outfit for the remainder of the evening.

On a serious note, this is the tenth baptism our little country church has enjoyed since January. We have been richly blessed... but the busy baptistry is in need of a refill, especially since a substantial amount of water remains in the rubber boots at the bottom of the rubber suit I was wearing!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim Q. said...

I love you guys!!!!! You are SO hillarious Kevin!!! I wish we could all live closer to one another!!!! Maybe you could talk Joel into letting our family go to Africa with you guys!!

I miss Charity and Josiah and you!!
It is a gift to know you guys are doing well! When will you guys be here in lovely Abilene next?

Well, as usually things are upside down and crazy for us. I don't know really if I could survive the shock of normal living!

Well, even though it looks like it will be in the eleventh hour that God will reveal His will I still believe He will!!!

I'm sure you guys feel that same belief! Well, I hope to talk to you guys soon, and that it will be even sooner that we can see you!

I love you and am praying continued blessings to fall upon all three of you and the ministry He has empowered you to lead!

My love and friendship forever, Kim Quile

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home