Thursday, October 29, 2009

half way home


my ride home
Originally uploaded by lindermans
Here's my newest friends on the side of the road waiting for the minibus (daladala) to stop overheating. We stopped by a pond so that the driver and conductors could fetch water and pour into the radiator (located under the front seat).

It took a ride on the back of a bicycle, and three minibuses to get home, but I successfully reduced my carbon footprint.

I also understand a little more about dependency on God--and others--to meet my needs, as I did not have my car to get me home that day.

(Our car is fine, by the way--it was being used by our teammates who had to make a trip to Nairobi.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh great job loving my Africa. God bless and keep you smiling Amen.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home