Friday, March 30, 2007

All is well...

In spite of computer failure, we are doing well (and after a little research, it seems like the toshiba hard drive may deserve the blame, instead of the continent of Africa, as previously suggested).

Last weekend was fun, as we went out to some villages... Kevin taught a little in Swahili (little is the key word). More remarkably, a church insisted that Charity offer a prayer. Making her sit in the front of the church is bad enough, but forcing Charity to speak before a crowd... impressive.

Kevin is returning to take a couple church leaders to a distant village, where people have brought a letter asking for help in starting a church in their village. I will try to add a little to my teaching for this next weekend. Or at least work on my bad driving.

On that note, I have been driving infraction free for a couple weeks. Not Charity, though, who has been admonished by police to cease driving without a competent driver. Ironic, as she is the only competent driver in our family here.

Gotta run... on our way to a missionary fellowship tonight with 20 or so of our closest friends serving in various ministries around Mwanza. They hear our present stories, and laugh, because they have been through it all themselves. One day we will do the same.

4 Comments:

Blogger MSS said...

Glad you all are doing better.
I ran into your friend Lance this weekend at a retreat out at HUT. It was fun swapping Josiah stories with him.

You'll also be happy to know that the Africa kitchen hut now has a nice, safe tin roof.

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi everybody.

I was behind a car last week, that made me think of you. The plates said it was a consulate car, and I wondered what country the driver was from.
Just then, I noticed on the back corner near the trunk (where the dealer's names often are) one single word: Fundy.
Could it be Fundi?
Probably not, but it made me smile and think of you as you deal with many fundis, these days. (note: I have no idea how to spell fundi. (foon-dee?)
Also, I overheard some Swahili this weekend at church, and I actually understood it--by some miracle, I suppose! (Okay, it was only greetings...but still!)
I am glad you are doing well and maintaining your humor the best you can.
Does your current car have a fuel light? Just wondering.
Hoser

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin and Charity,

Thanks to Holly, I came across your blog. It is so awesome to hear how the Lord is using you both in Africa! My sister Stephany will complete her pediatric residency in 18 months and is being sent by the Samaritan's Purse to either Mali or Zambia. She is thrilled!

By the way, adorable boys!!!

Angela (Hawk) Holmberg
angelaandbryan.blogspot.com

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brother, it's been too long. I miss you. plase put me on your newsletter list. I know God is doing an awesome work through you and your family! Do you have any contact info for Kevin Thonpson? I look forward to hear from you. love you bro, todd

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home