Monday, February 25, 2008

some new friends


IMG_2573
Originally uploaded by lindermans
I was enjoying catching up on some blog reading yesterday, then I starting thinking about how fun it would be to start a blog. Some other guy had the address I wanted, and even though he never posts, he gets to keep mwanza.blogspot.com. Oh, wait, that's me!

Life is good for us here, our children are growing up like weeds, and we are slowly learning language and finding ways to be useful here. Slowly. Don't think Nascar yellow flag. Think glacier.

Will try to write more regularly, and post some pictures from Flickr. Here is a new friend, Mbatilo, and others in Ndang'wasa. 2 hours drive from electricity, but great cell phone reception, oddly enough. I've been working with some church leaders church planting in unchurched villages. I will tell Mbatilo's story next time.

Hopefully, if I am feeling better, and I can get through the rivers, I will see Mbatilo tomorrow. If he knew about the internet, he would want me to greet you!

3 Comments:

Blogger pulchritudinous one said...

Kev,

Remember that glaciers are powerful.

They are slow, but unstoppable.

I love, love, LOVE the new photos. The look on E's face in that baboon shot made me laugh out loud--almost as if he is talking to the camera.

The photos come at a perfect time--I needed some digital photos for my class' fundraising for Heifer Project. Mine are all paper!

Speaking of photos, I couldn't help but notice some toe unity. I am sure it has been difficult for big toe to conform and unite. Sorry about that.

(sorry, too, to those who think that is an odd comment--but my brother will get it.)

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you've returned to the world of blogging. I had reduced my checking frequency to once a week and had almost given up... Eat a nice mango for me.
Emily

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent my morning catching up with you guys in the archives and on your flickr - the boys have gotten so big!!! It seems like just yesterday that I was scooping up Elijah evey time Charity brought him to the church office. And they are absolutely beautiful. We think about you guys all the time and pray for you, too. May you be truly blessed for the kingdom work you are accomplishing - we pray that God gives you good health, both spiritually and physically,and that He protects your family from the attacks of the enemy.

On behalf of your Landmark family, we miss you terribly! You are constantly in our conversations, thoughts, and prayers. Please give Charity, Josiah, and Elijah a big hug for us. :)

God's Peace,
Ennis, Melissa, Daniel, and Sara Lynn Price

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home