Friday, November 12, 2004

Does God directly lead your life?

This was the question posed to me early this morning by an older man (perhaps 80), an elder at Hixson Church of Christ in Chattanooga.

Though surprised by its bluntness, I was prepared for the question--I mean, I believe strongly in God's direction, and I can justify my beliefs with scripture and logic. But I wasn't prepared for his response when I returned the question.

"I am trying to allow God to be in total control of my life, and I am learning to completely submit to his leading".

And I need forgiveness, because I believed that this question was about an issue. Instead, it was about a savior. In his response, we were able to engage in true fellowship--our Hardee's Bacon Egg & Cheese biscuit was transformed into holy communion.

It is unnerving to be asked a question (not an information question, but a request for spritual advice) by someone old enough to be my grandfather. But God used this question to instruct me in the way of the Father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home