Friday, December 23, 2005

Our two boys.

the first hour of Elijah’s life was full of introductions. Not only did we get to meet our new son, but Josiah got to meet his new brother. Elijah was born at 2:38, and Josiah happened to wake up at 2:45. He couldn’t wait any longer to see the new baby!!!




Here is a link to more pictures, all taken in the first hour of Elijah's life (or in the few minutes before) but be warned: this was a home birth, and the pictures that follow are not sterile, for lack of better words. I did leave a few out, but don’t go posting these pictures to the internet, okay?

or check out the slideshow:

All is well with the new baby. We are richly blessed. Extremely tired, as I went back to work the following day. Also, apologies about the earlier post in which I only gave Charity credit for delivering a 9 inch baby. It was 19. The blog was posted (no joke) while driving by a panera bread with free wi-fi. The day was too crazy to proofread anything.

5 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

Curious...what was the baby's width? And if you could figure out the gerth too - that would be helpful.

Thanks

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Enjoyed seeing the family pics. Hope things are going well.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

What a special blessing! I can't wait to meet little Elijah. (Spruce, please note that I didn't say "see the baby"). I'll be praying for y'all especially in these next few weeks & months!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Shanta said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!! I don't know what is more impressive: Home birth, or.. wait. Yeah, home birth! Josiah looks like a great big bro already. Congrats to you both- Charity, you're beautiful! I wish I read this earlier- we just came home to Dallas from Nashville!

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!

What a sweet addition to your family.

I'm was pumped to see the pictures. Especially the ones where Kevin is holding Elijah. I'm glad that the first time little Elijah saw his father, he was wearing the old "A" hat I gave to him back in 1995.

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home