Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Blogging...

just returned to Montgomery, after a couple weeks in California and Las Vegas. We returned and found our apartment ransacked; all of our stuff gone, random papers scattered all over the place. We were going to call the police, until we remembered that we had ransacked the place ourselves to fill up our container. Then we searched frantically for Josiah's birth certificate, throwing papers everywhere, before giving up and traveling without it (thankfully, the airlines didn't ask for proof of age for him... it would have been a lot of work to chase down the container, unpack it, find our filing cabinet...).

(Actually, we have a history of this. When moving from Vegas, Charity was flying to Tennessee with 8 month old Josiah; I was going to drive the rental truck we stayed up all night packing. Two hours before the flight, as I was getting ready to take Charity and Josiah to the airport, we remembered we needed his birth record to get him on the plane... and remembered that it was in the filing cabinet. Which was, conveniently, the very first thing we packed. So I climbed over everything in the 15 foot truck, burrowed down from the ceiling to the cabinet with flashlight in mouth as I dangled head first Tom Cruise style in the truck. You would think we would have learned our lesson!!!)

Anyways, we know are less than 2 months away from our departure to Tanzania. May 29th is the date. Our excitement is building each day!!!

Over the course of our travels, I have realized that more people visit this blog than I realized. And they would kinda like to know what is going on with us, what we are doing, why are we moving to Tanzania, why no pictures of the baby lately, etc.. So I hope to be more deliberate and purposeful on the blog thing...

Goodbye from sunny, warm Alabama!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

When JJ and I went to Tanzania for our survey trip, I realized after we got to the airport that my passport had my maiden name on it. We had to reschedule the flight and drive to Topeka to get our marriage certificate so that I could show proof of my name change. Your story sounded so familiar.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home